Friday, March 16, 2012

Yellow Friendship Rosette Soap Tutorial

Today I had to make some soap samples for Out of the box sampler that I will be sending in for the Easter Sampler so I thought I'd make a tutorial to go with it. 

What you'll need:


 
Melt & Pour Glycerin Soap Base (I used white)
Essential oils (I used Coconut Lime Verbena & Lemongrass)
Soap Dye (I used yellow)
Silicone Rosette Mold

All of these items can be purchased at your local craft store.

You'll also need:
1 kitchen knife to cut the soap
A microwave (or double boiler if you don't have a micro)
Pyrex measuring cup (or any microwave safe bowl)

I needed to make 25 rosettes so my portions were large but essentially I just over sized the following:

8-10oz Melt & Pour Glycerin Soap Melted
10-20 drops Coconut Lime Verbena Essential Oil
10 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
10 drops yellow soap dye

First cut up the soap and put it into the Pyrex measuring cup

 Put it in the microwave and cook for 1 min, remove stir an repeat until melted.


While you're waiting get the mold ready



Get your fragrances and dyes ready to go


Now that everything is melted
add the essential oils




Add the color

Stir and then pour into the mold




Now it's time to wait, let it set.  If you want to speed things along you can put it in the freezer. 





Once set remove from the molds and enjoy your very own
Yellow Rosette of Friendship

No comments:

Post a Comment